On this page you can download or order all the issues of Keeler News and review their contents.
To be alerted whenever a new issue is published, join the Society.
Our latest issue:
No. 88, August 2017
Buy printed volumes of Keeler News using the following links.
After clicking "Add to Cart," click "Check Out" if you're ready to pay,
or click the back button on your browser to return to this
page if you want to select more volumes. You can see the prices
(very low) as soon as you add the volumes to your cart, and you
can delete them if you like.
1997 Add to Cart
1998 Add to Cart
1999 Add to Cart
2000 Add to Cart
2001 Add to Cart
2002 Add to Cart
2003 Add to Cart
2004 Add to Cart
2005 Add to Cart
2006 Add to Cart
2007 Add to Cart2008 black & white Add to Cart
2008 color Add to Cart
2013-2015 color Add to Cart
- No. 1, January 1997: The Search for X-Y-Z
- No. 2, February 1997: "Victim No. 5"; Keeler in Iberia (bibliography)
- No. 3, March 1997: "The Services of an Expert"; 1943 photos of Harry and Hazel
- No. 4, April 1997: HSK's unpublished work (bibliography); The Monocled Monster
- No. 5, May 1997: HSK & Grapho-Analysis; The Iron Ring; The Skull of the Waltzing Clown
- No. 6, June 1997: "My Million-Dollar Plot-Inventing Secret"; The Matilda Hunter Murder; Sing Sing Nights, the movie
- No. 7, July 1997: Keeler Year By Year, 1910-1924; Cheung, Detective; Imitate Keeler winner
- No. 8, August 1997: Race in Keeler
- No. 9, September 1997: Keelerian Dedications
- No. 10, October 1997: Keeler Year By Year, 1925-1942; "The Mechanics (and Kinematics) of Web-Work Plot Construction"
- No. 11, November 1997: The Voice of the Seven Sparrows; Flann O'Brien; "Written Out?"
- No. 12, December 1997: Keeler Year By Year, 1943-1967; The Spectacles of Mr. Cagliostro
- No. 13, February 1998: Joel Townsley Rogers; HSK and Anthony Boucher; Harry & Dr. McBean
- No. 14, April 1998: Sex issue: The Strange Case of Piffington Wainwright; Keelerian Bordellos; Franco contra Don Juan; etc.
- No. 15, June 1998: Finger! Finger! and Behind That Mask; HSK letter to Robert Tallant; The Case of the Barking Clock; Serial Keelers bibliography
- No. 16, August 1998: The Hazel Issue: Harry & Hazel bibliography; Harry on Hazel; Juguetes Peligrosos; Imitate Keeler Winner; Iberian Literary News
- No. 17, October 1998: "Bill's Bill"; Stand By--London Calling!
- No. 18, December 1998: The Dialect Issue: Murder of a Giant; dedication to Otis Kline; Name That Dialect quiz; Milt Gross's Nize Baby
- No. 19, February 1999: 1930 interview with HSK; The Case of the Canny Killer; "The Gorilla's Brain"
- No. 20, April 1999: HSK-T.S. Stribling correspondence; The Red Right Hand; The Steeltown Strangler; Reader Revolt!
- No. 21, June 1999: Skience Friction Issue: The White Circle; The Sign of the Crossed Leaves: I Killed Lincoln at 10:13!
- No. 22, August 1999: Imitate Keeler winner; 1956 Chicago Tribune article on Keelers; The Case of the Transposed Legs; The Strange Will
- No. 23, October 1999: When Thief Meets Thief; The Straw Hat Murders; The Box from Japan
- No. 24, December 1999: 1981 interview with Thelma Keeler; America's Humor
- No. 25, February 2000: New Keeler film?; The Murder of London Lew; Thieves' Nights
- No. 26, April 2000: "Quilligan and the Magic Coin"; frequency of HSK titles
- No. 27, June 2000: 1940s Chicago Sun article on HSK; Rare Chinese Cats; Keeler Goes Nordic; "Brickbats, Roses, and Dead Cats from the Press"
- No. 28, August 2000: A Visit to the Archives; The Amazing Web; Ten Story Takes a Bow; "Sunbeam's Child"
- No. 29, October 2000: HSK photos from Columbia
- No. 30, December 2000: Marceau issue: 1935 letter by HSK; The Utilities Problem; The Beef Trust Enigma; Dossier Novels from A to Izzard; reviews of Marceau novels; Y. Cheung, Business Detective & Nabokov; Imitate Keeler entries
- No. 31, February 2001: HSK's Screwball Circus; The Six from Nowhere
- No. 32, April 2001: April Fool's issue: China-Boy Chuckles; Jim Dilley interviews HSK
- No. 33, June 2001: The Keeler Case (documents from a supposed 1927 lawsuit against HSK and its aftermath); Keelerites invade Columbia
- No. 34, October 2001: "When Time Ran Backward"; Wall Street Journal on HSK and Ramble House
- No. 35, December 2001: Imitate Keeler winner; Gavin L. O'Keefe's Keeler dustjackets; The Village Voice on HSK
- No. 36, February 2002: More from the Archives; Harry's inscriptions to Hazel; The Man with the Magic Eardrums; The Fourth King
- No. 37, April 2002: Samuel Hopkins Adams; Manuel de Lope; The Skull of the Stuttering Gunfighter
- No. 38, June 2002: John Russell Fearn; Henry Darger
- No. 39, October 2002: I Find a Keeler, by Chris Wheeler
- No. 40, December 2002: Imitate Keeler winner; Bull & Bunkum of 1925; Harry Meets Hammett
- No. 41, March 2003: Harry's Wild Party; N. California Keelerites Convene; A Word from HSK
- No. 42, May 2003: "A Telescopic Romance"; HSK Selects a Plot
- No. 43, July 2003: "Goodbye, Coppers!"; The Future of Keeler Research; Adventure in Milwaukee
- No. 44, October 2003: Y. Cheung; HSK's Literary Rise, by Jack Woodford; Charles Snyder's The Flaw in the Sapphire; Mapbacks
- No. 45, December 2003: Imitate Keeler winner; The Trap; Harry's and Hazel's Handwriting
- No. 46, March 2004: Harry's Psychedelic Trips; The Flyer Hold-Up; My Search for H.S.K., by Geoff Marriott
- No. 47, May 2004: Ken Keeler and Neil Gaiman interviews; an annotated Amazing Web; America's Humor update
- No. 48, July 2004: William Gillespie on webwork; Charles Williams on Keeler; Daniel Clowes; Sing Sing Nights cocktail
- No. 49, October 2004: HSK's letters to August Derleth; Re-promoting "Sing Sing Nights" (the movie)
- No. 50, December 2004: "Package 22,227"; The Riddle of the Wooden Parrakeet; Keeler, Criminologist?
- No. 51, March 2005: Keeler-Dutton correspondence, 1927-28; Meyer Levin on HSK; Norman Berrow
- No. 52, May 2005: Keeler & Dutton, 1928-29; "A Visit to a Mystery Workshop"
- No. 53, July 2005: Keeler copyrights; Keeler & Dutton, 1929; Dutton ads in Publishers' Weekly
- No. 54, October 2005: The Reus-Keeler connection; Keeler & Dutton, 1929-30; Wells Hastings' webwork; The Affair of the Bottled Deuce
- No. 55, December 2005: Hong Lei Chung and his Tong; Keeler & Dutton, 1930
- No. 56, March 2006: Reus-Keeler documents; Nevins on the Keyhole; Keyhole on Keeler
- No. 57, May 2006: San do Mar; Keeler & Dutton, 1930; HSK in Writer's Review, 1935
- No. 58, July 2006: The 10 Story Book Story; Vera de Mueller; Keeler & Dutton, 1930-31
- No. 59, October 2006: "The Goddess in the Camera"; Anthony Wynne; Keeler & Dutton, 1931; Vera followup
- No. 60, December 2006: Imitate Keeler winner; "Wink the Other Eye"; Keeler & Dutton, 1931-32
- No. 61, March 2007: Tenth Anniversary Issue: Keeler Konnections, by Francis M. Nevins; Posthumous Keeler fandom, a webwork history; the geography of Keelerism; a letter to Pynchon; Keeler & Dutton, 1932-33; New York Times reviews of Keeler-based films
- No. 62, May 2007: Thelma remembers Harry (letters to Francis M. Nevins); Eugene George Key; HSK in Japan; Keeler & Dutton, 1933
- No. 63, July 2007: Keeler & Dutton, 1933, continued
- No. 64, October 2007: Special issue: The Riddle of the Traveling Skull: Keeler & Dutton letters on Skull; Printingtown; Sheridan Le Fanu; Skull miscellanea; revising Skull
- No. 65, December 2007: R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet"; Imitate Keeler winner; Keeler & Dutton, 1933-34; Louis J. Vance; Keelerian magazine update
- No. 66, March 2008: Hazel Keeler in Portuguese translation; Keeler & Dutton, 1935-1947
- No. 67, June 2008: Must Have Been the English Monkey; Captain Kettle and San Do Mar; HSK, Platonist; Magazine Miscellanea
- No. 68, September 2008: Harry writes to his alma mater; The Caustic Mr. Cowley-Brown
- No. 69, December 2008: LIFE photos of HSK; Imitate Keeler Winner; HSK's Screenplay
- No. 70, March 2009: The Big River Trilogy; Meganovels by the Numbers; A "Gene" Gallery; Keeler Knows His Optics; Renaming Ziff's
- No. 71, June 2009: HSK bio by J. T. Dockery; Keeler and Céline; Strands of the Web; Il caso Marceau; HSK in The Editor, 1916
- No. 72, September 2009: Keeler's Test for Citizenship; Keeler in Finland; 1949 HSK letter to Bill Brannon
- No. 73, December 2009: Answers to Keeler's Test; Vera de Mueller: The Inside Story; Plot Charts by R. Munroe
- No. 74, April 2010: Photo of Harry and Thelma Keeler and memories of them; John Jones's Dollar comic by Forte and Solís; Mariano García article and update on Keeler in Spain; David M. Earle's Re-covering Modernism; How to Write Booklength Mystery Stories, by HSK
- No. 75, September 2010: "Can Such Things Be?"; Chuckles from China; Marceau Correspondences; Keeler & Heidegger; "A to Izzard"; Toward a Complete Annotated Keeler
- No. 76, January 2011: Keeler audio book; Tweet Like Keeler; "The Elopement Extraordinary"; "A Fool and His Wife"; Diagram! Diagram!
- No. 77, July 2011: Book Review Special: De Sciencefictionschrijver, Noches de Sing-Sing, Stand By--London Calling!, Behind That Mask, The Amazing Web, The Riddle of the Traveling Skull, The Spectacles of Mr. Cagliostro, The Green Jade Hand
- No. 78, January 2012: Letters to Deedee (I of II); Harry and the Humanzee; "Dead on the Field of Love"
- No. 79, May 2012: Paul Daniel's Keeler-based music; the Theatrical Chicago portrait of HSK; Letters to Deedee (II of II); members' activities
- No. 80, October 2012: The Stolen Gravestone; new edition of Las gafas del Sr. Cagliostro; Keeler en français; Richard Polt interview; poem about webwork
- No. 81, April 2013: Webwork-mapping William Gillespie's Keyhole Factory; The Prestidigitations of "Alphabet" Keeler; 1929 Occult Digest review of The Spectacles of Mr. Cagliostro; an inscribed Hutchinson Find the Clock
- No. 82, October 2013: Remembering Roger Ebert; Keeler in Germany; News from Spain; "The Hands of the Blind Hunter"; Keeler in The Chicagoan; Prologue Books
- No. 83, August 2014: HSK in Reading Style and Wretched Writing; The Flyer Hold-Up film; Bill Brannon remembers; Piketty and Keeler; Poetry from HSK; Sun Fun
- No. 84, April 2015: Die durchsichtige Nackte; The Keelers and the Kabrins; "Who Is This Man?" news story about HSK; The Law of Cross and Re-Cross (on The Skull of the Waltzing Clown); My First Three Keelers (The Riddle of the Traveling Skull, The Case of the Two Strange Ladies, and The Monocled Monster)
- No. 85, February 2016: Keelerianos en Madrid; HSK in the TLS; Typescripts turn up; Find the Clock ad; Coincidences Celestial; Inscriptions Celestial; Correspondents Many
- No. 86, September 2016: A Beautiful and Disturbing Poem in The Riddle of the Traveling Skull; Keeleresque or Not?; News from San Do Mar; "The Keenwit Case"; The Plot Thickens; HSK & FDR
- No. 87, January 22, 2017: 50th anniversary of HSK's death and 20th anniversary of Keeler News; the complete Portuguese Keeler covers
- No. 88, August 2017: The Ivory Ball of Wong Shing Li; "The Magic Coin"; Harry Goes Abroad (1916 passport application)
This site is maintained by