On this page you can download all the issues of Keeler News and review their contents.
To be alerted whenever a new issue is published, join the Society.
Our latest issue:
No. 91, September 2020
- No. 1, January 1997: The Search for X-Y-Z
- No. 2, February 1997: "Victim No. 5"; Keeler in Iberia (bibliography)
- No. 3, March 1997: "The Services of an Expert"; 1943 photos of Harry and Hazel
- No. 4, April 1997: HSK's unpublished work (bibliography); The Monocled Monster
- No. 5, May 1997: HSK & Grapho-Analysis; The Iron Ring; The Skull of the Waltzing Clown
- No. 6, June 1997: "My Million-Dollar Plot-Inventing Secret"; The Matilda Hunter Murder; Sing Sing Nights, the movie
- No. 7, July 1997: Keeler Year By Year, 1910-1924; Cheung, Detective; Imitate Keeler winner
- No. 8, August 1997: Race in Keeler
- No. 9, September 1997: Keelerian Dedications
- No. 10, October 1997: Keeler Year By Year, 1925-1942; "The Mechanics (and Kinematics) of Web-Work Plot Construction"
- No. 11, November 1997: The Voice of the Seven Sparrows; Flann O'Brien; "Written Out?"
- No. 12, December 1997: Keeler Year By Year, 1943-1967; The Spectacles of Mr. Cagliostro
- No. 13, February 1998: Joel Townsley Rogers; HSK and Anthony Boucher; Harry & Dr. McBean
- No. 14, April 1998: Sex issue: The Strange Case of Piffington Wainwright; Keelerian Bordellos; Franco contra Don Juan; etc.
- No. 15, June 1998: Finger! Finger! and Behind That Mask; HSK letter to Robert Tallant; The Case of the Barking Clock; Serial Keelers bibliography
- No. 16, August 1998: The Hazel Issue: Harry & Hazel bibliography; Harry on Hazel; Juguetes Peligrosos; Imitate Keeler Winner; Iberian Literary News
- No. 17, October 1998: "Bill's Bill"; Stand By--London Calling!
- No. 18, December 1998: The Dialect Issue: Murder of a Giant; dedication to Otis Kline; Name That Dialect quiz; Milt Gross's Nize Baby
- No. 19, February 1999: 1930 interview with HSK; The Case of the Canny Killer; "The Gorilla's Brain"
- No. 20, April 1999: HSK-T.S. Stribling correspondence; The Red Right Hand; The Steeltown Strangler; Reader Revolt!
- No. 21, June 1999: Skience Friction Issue: The White Circle; The Sign of the Crossed Leaves: I Killed Lincoln at 10:13!
- No. 22, August 1999: Imitate Keeler winner; 1956 Chicago Tribune article on Keelers; The Case of the Transposed Legs; The Strange Will
- No. 23, October 1999: When Thief Meets Thief; The Straw Hat Murders; The Box from Japan
- No. 24, December 1999: 1981 interview with Thelma Keeler; America's Humor
- No. 25, February 2000: New Keeler film?; The Murder of London Lew; Thieves' Nights
- No. 26, April 2000: "Quilligan and the Magic Coin"; frequency of HSK titles
- No. 27, June 2000: 1940s Chicago Sun article on HSK; Rare Chinese Cats; Keeler Goes Nordic; "Brickbats, Roses, and Dead Cats from the Press"
- No. 28, August 2000: A Visit to the Archives; The Amazing Web; Ten Story Takes a Bow; "Sunbeam's Child"
- No. 29, October 2000: HSK photos from Columbia
- No. 30, December 2000: Marceau issue: 1935 letter by HSK; The Utilities Problem; The Beef Trust Enigma; Dossier Novels from A to Izzard; reviews of Marceau novels; Y. Cheung, Business Detective & Nabokov; Imitate Keeler entries
- No. 31, February 2001: HSK's Screwball Circus; The Six from Nowhere
- No. 32, April 2001: April Fool's issue: China-Boy Chuckles; Jim Dilley interviews HSK
- No. 33, June 2001: The Keeler Case (documents from a supposed 1927 lawsuit against HSK and its aftermath); Keelerites invade Columbia
- No. 34, October 2001: "When Time Ran Backward"; Wall Street Journal on HSK and Ramble House
- No. 35, December 2001: Imitate Keeler winner; Gavin L. O'Keefe's Keeler dustjackets; The Village Voice on HSK
- No. 36, February 2002: More from the Archives; Harry's inscriptions to Hazel; The Man with the Magic Eardrums; The Fourth King
- No. 37, April 2002: Samuel Hopkins Adams; Manuel de Lope; The Skull of the Stuttering Gunfighter
- No. 38, June 2002: John Russell Fearn; Henry Darger
- No. 39, October 2002: I Find a Keeler, by Chris Wheeler
- No. 40, December 2002: Imitate Keeler winner; Bull & Bunkum of 1925; Harry Meets Hammett
- No. 41, March 2003: Harry's Wild Party; N. California Keelerites Convene; A Word from HSK
- No. 42, May 2003: "A Telescopic Romance"; HSK Selects a Plot
- No. 43, July 2003: "Goodbye, Coppers!"; The Future of Keeler Research; Adventure in Milwaukee
- No. 44, October 2003: Y. Cheung; HSK's Literary Rise, by Jack Woodford; Charles Snyder's The Flaw in the Sapphire; Mapbacks
- No. 45, December 2003: Imitate Keeler winner; The Trap; Harry's and Hazel's Handwriting
- No. 46, March 2004: Harry's Psychedelic Trips; The Flyer Hold-Up; My Search for H.S.K., by Geoff Marriott
- No. 47, May 2004: Ken Keeler and Neil Gaiman interviews; an annotated Amazing Web; America's Humor update
- No. 48, July 2004: William Gillespie on webwork; Charles Williams on Keeler; Daniel Clowes; Sing Sing Nights cocktail
- No. 49, October 2004: HSK's letters to August Derleth; Re-promoting "Sing Sing Nights" (the movie)
- No. 50, December 2004: "Package 22,227"; The Riddle of the Wooden Parrakeet; Keeler, Criminologist?
- No. 51, March 2005: Keeler-Dutton correspondence, 1927-28; Meyer Levin on HSK; Norman Berrow
- No. 52, May 2005: Keeler & Dutton, 1928-29; "A Visit to a Mystery Workshop"
- No. 53, July 2005: Keeler copyrights; Keeler & Dutton, 1929; Dutton ads in Publishers' Weekly
- No. 54, October 2005: The Reus-Keeler connection; Keeler & Dutton, 1929-30; Wells Hastings' webwork; The Affair of the Bottled Deuce
- No. 55, December 2005: Hong Lei Chung and his Tong; Keeler & Dutton, 1930
- No. 56, March 2006: Reus-Keeler documents; Nevins on the Keyhole; Keyhole on Keeler
- No. 57, May 2006: San do Mar; Keeler & Dutton, 1930; HSK in Writer's Review, 1935
- No. 58, July 2006: The 10 Story Book Story; Vera de Mueller; Keeler & Dutton, 1930-31
- No. 59, October 2006: "The Goddess in the Camera"; Anthony Wynne; Keeler & Dutton, 1931; Vera followup
- No. 60, December 2006: Imitate Keeler winner; "Wink the Other Eye"; Keeler & Dutton, 1931-32
- No. 61, March 2007: Tenth Anniversary Issue: Keeler Konnections, by Francis M. Nevins; Posthumous Keeler fandom, a webwork history; the geography of Keelerism; a letter to Pynchon; Keeler & Dutton, 1932-33; New York Times reviews of Keeler-based films
- No. 62, May 2007: Thelma remembers Harry (letters to Francis M. Nevins); Eugene George Key; HSK in Japan; Keeler & Dutton, 1933
- No. 63, July 2007: Keeler & Dutton, 1933, continued
- No. 64, October 2007: Special issue: The Riddle of the Traveling Skull: Keeler & Dutton letters on Skull; Printingtown; Sheridan Le Fanu; Skull miscellanea; revising Skull
- No. 65, December 2007: R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet"; Imitate Keeler winner; Keeler & Dutton, 1933-34; Louis J. Vance; Keelerian magazine update
- No. 66, March 2008: Hazel Keeler in Portuguese translation; Keeler & Dutton, 1935-1947
- No. 67, June 2008: Must Have Been the English Monkey; Captain Kettle and San Do Mar; HSK, Platonist; Magazine Miscellanea
- No. 68, September 2008: Harry writes to his alma mater; The Caustic Mr. Cowley-Brown
- No. 69, December 2008: LIFE photos of HSK; Imitate Keeler Winner; HSK's Screenplay
- No. 70, March 2009: The Big River Trilogy; Meganovels by the Numbers; A "Gene" Gallery; Keeler Knows His Optics; Renaming Ziff's
- No. 71, June 2009: HSK bio by J. T. Dockery; Keeler and Céline; Strands of the Web; Il caso Marceau; HSK in The Editor, 1916
- No. 72, September 2009: Keeler's Test for Citizenship; Keeler in Finland; 1949 HSK letter to Bill Brannon
- No. 73, December 2009: Answers to Keeler's Test; Vera de Mueller: The Inside Story; Plot Charts by R. Munroe
- No. 74, April 2010: Photo of Harry and Thelma Keeler and memories of them; John Jones's Dollar comic by Forte and Solís; Mariano García article and update on Keeler in Spain; David M. Earle's Re-covering Modernism; How to Write Booklength Mystery Stories, by HSK
- No. 75, September 2010: "Can Such Things Be?"; Chuckles from China; Marceau Correspondences; Keeler & Heidegger; "A to Izzard"; Toward a Complete Annotated Keeler
- No. 76, January 2011: Keeler audio book; Tweet Like Keeler; "The Elopement Extraordinary"; "A Fool and His Wife"; Diagram! Diagram!
- No. 77, July 2011: Book Review Special: De Sciencefictionschrijver, Noches de Sing-Sing, Stand By--London Calling!, Behind That Mask, The Amazing Web, The Riddle of the Traveling Skull, The Spectacles of Mr. Cagliostro, The Green Jade Hand
- No. 78, January 2012: Letters to Deedee (I of II); Harry and the Humanzee; "Dead on the Field of Love"
- No. 79, May 2012: Paul Daniel's Keeler-based music; the Theatrical Chicago portrait of HSK; Letters to Deedee (II of II); members' activities
- No. 80, October 2012: The Stolen Gravestone; new edition of Las gafas del Sr. Cagliostro; Keeler en français; Richard Polt interview; poem about webwork
- No. 81, April 2013: Webwork-mapping William Gillespie's Keyhole Factory; The Prestidigitations of "Alphabet" Keeler; 1929 Occult Digest review of The Spectacles of Mr. Cagliostro; an inscribed Hutchinson Find the Clock
- No. 82, October 2013: Remembering Roger Ebert; Keeler in Germany; News from Spain; "The Hands of the Blind Hunter"; Keeler in The Chicagoan; Prologue Books
- No. 83, August 2014: HSK in Reading Style and Wretched Writing; The Flyer Hold-Up film; Bill Brannon remembers; Piketty and Keeler; Poetry from HSK; Sun Fun
- No. 84, April 2015: Die durchsichtige Nackte; The Keelers and the Kabrins; "Who Is This Man?" news story about HSK; The Law of Cross and Re-Cross (on The Skull of the Waltzing Clown); My First Three Keelers (The Riddle of the Traveling Skull, The Case of the Two Strange Ladies, and The Monocled Monster)
- No. 85, February 2016: Keelerianos en Madrid; HSK in the TLS; Typescripts turn up; Find the Clock ad; Coincidences Celestial; Inscriptions Celestial; Correspondents Many
- No. 86, September 2016: A Beautiful and Disturbing Poem in The Riddle of the Traveling Skull; Keeleresque or Not?; News from San Do Mar; "The Keenwit Case"; The Plot Thickens; HSK & FDR
- No. 87, January 22, 2017: 50th anniversary of HSK's death and 20th anniversary of Keeler News; the complete Portuguese Keeler covers
- No. 88, August 2017: The Ivory Ball of Wong Shing Li; "The Magic Coin"; Harry Goes Abroad (1916 passport application)
- No. 89, December 2018: Behind the Masks; The Riddle of the Flying Hands; Inscriptions—Galore!; A Scheherezadist-Keelerian Comic; Harry's Superstition
- No. 90, December 2019: W.C. Fields and the Autogyro; The Cowled Menace; More inscriptions; "The Expert" poem; Great Whizzimus! (on "Bill's Bill"); HSK in The Writer, 1919; Raúl Herrero on HSK
- No. 91, September 2020: Tuddleton Trotter and "The Michaux Z-Ray"; Three Keeleresque novels (Michal Ajvaz's Empty Streets, Sjón's CoDex 1962, and Raúl Herrero's Rascayú); Keeler, Marx, and the Role of the Dice; Reviews in Verse
This site is maintained by